Service, Repair, & Installation for Commercial Rooftop HVAC Units in Portland
Commercial rooftop HVAC systems offer many benefits for business owners. The quiet single-system heating and cooling units are reliable, easy to install, require minimal cleaning, and are difficult to access, making them less likely to get damaged from user error than other commercial HVAC systems. Unfortunately, even the most efficient HVAC units malfunction from time to time.
At AAA Heating and Cooling, we offer service, repair, and installation services for commercial rooftop systems in Portland, Beaverton. We can troubleshoot and remedy virtually any problem you’re facing with your commercial unit. Our team provides routine maintenance visits as well as 24-hour emergency HVAC services for businesses. In the event that we are unable to fix the issue, AAA Heating and Cooling can recommend, deliver, and install a new rooftop HVAC unit for your commercial space.
Common Problems with Commercial Rooftop HVAC Systems
The commercial HVAC systems from AAA Heating and Cooling are dependable and efficient. However, rooftop units are vulnerable to weather damage and can be difficult to inspect due to their location. Also, some heating and cooling units will be less reliable over time, which can cause issues for business owners. The most common problems with commercial rooftop HVAC units include unusually high electric bills, a system that won’t turn on, lack of hot or cold air coming from the vents, or poor indoor air quality.
Troubleshooting Your Commercial Rooftop HVAC Unit
You may be able to troubleshoot a commercial rooftop HVAC system that isn’t running correctly.
If your commercial rooftop unit won’t start:
- Make sure it is connected to power
- Confirm that the power switch is turned on
- Verify that the thermostat is functioning and has working batteries
- Check if the circuit breakers are on and try resetting them
If your commercial rooftop unit is on but isn’t producing warm or cool air:
- Check that all windows are closed and ensure warm or cool air isn’t seeping out of the building
- Move electronics, lamps, and any other warm items away from the thermostat
- Make sure all air vents are free from obstruction
- Close shades or curtains during in the summer
While some common commercial rooftop HVAC problems can be troubleshooted and fixed on your own, other malfunctions should be left to the pros.
When to Call an Expert
If you can’t easily troubleshoot the issue with your rooftop unit, don’t hesitate to call an expert and schedule an HVAC service appointment.
The cause of your malfunctioning rooftop unit could be:
- Improperly-calibrated or bad sensors decreasing efficiency and impacting the performance of your HVAC unit
- Incorrect refrigerant levels compromising your system’s performance and creating uncomfortable indoor temperatures and high electric bills
- Poor airflow making certain rooms in your building too hot, cold, or humid
- Loose or worn-down fan belts that decrease overall HVAC efficiency
- Clogged air filters that make the unit’s motor work extra hard, potentially causing the motor to die
- Worn-out contractors that need replacing
- Dirty coils that impact the system’s performance and create poor indoor air quality
The commercial maintenance team at AAA Heating and Cooling will thoroughly check each component of your rooftop system and clean, tighten, lubricate, and adjust or replace parts as necessary. Our technicians have the training and experience to get your rooftop HVAC unit running properly which will save you time, stress, and money.
Prevention and Care for Commercial Rooftop Units
Some wear and tear should be expected for a rooftop unit, but most issues can be prevented. The best way to avoid malfunctions with your commercial rooftop HVAC system is to schedule regular maintenance with a heating and cooling expert. We recommend service checks one to two times each year for commercial units depending on the size of your business. In addition to regular maintenance, you can save on energy costs by keeping windows and blinds closed, programming your HVAC system to turn off at night, and making sure all vents in your building are not obstructed which can impact airflow and efficiency.
The repair and installation crew at AAA Heating and Cooling can service commercial units from any manufacturer, even those we don’t carry! As a fully licensed, insured, and trained HVAC company with an excellent reputation in the commercial sector, we are the premier heating and cooling resource for businesses in Portland, Beaverton, and the surrounding areas. Make an appointment online or give us a call at (503) 284-2173 to schedule maintenance, repair, or installation.