Commercial Heat Pump Resources
Commercial Heat Pump Resources for Portland Business Owners
If you own a business in the Portland or Vancouver metro area, you know how important it is to keep your building heated through the winter and cool through the summer. A properly installed and maintained heat pump will ensure you, your employees, and your customers are at a comfortable temperature throughout every season. Maintaining a commercial heat pump is a crucial part of smoothly running a business and reducing overhead costs. Keep reading to learn about the most common issues for commercial heat pumps, how to know when to buy a new unit, and how to choose the best heat pump for your commercial space.
Common Issues with Commercial Heat Pumps
When you learn how to troubleshoot your commercial HVAC system, you’ll be able to quickly remedy the problem, know when to call an expert, or determine whether it’s time to buy a new heat pump. If your commercial heat pump is not operating properly, you may be able to figure out the cause with a few simple checks.
If your commercial heat pump is not producing heat:
- Make sure your heat pump is switched from its cooling function to its heating function
- Check for ice accumulation on the outdoor cabinet
- Check the refrigerant level and refill the fluid or determine if there is a leak
If your commercial heat pump is not generating cool air:
- Check the condenser coils on the outdoor cabinet for dirt buildup
- Check the refrigerant level
- Examine the air filters and check for clogs
If your commercial heat pump fails to routinely cycle off:
- Make sure the thermostat isn’t set too high
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Consider whether your building is properly insulated
Buying a New Heat Pump for Your Business
A properly installed and regularly serviced heat pump will be safe to use and keep your commercial space climate-controlled. If you’re unable to troubleshoot a malfunctioning heat pump on your own, call an expert and schedule a service or repair appointment. The team at AAA Heating & Cooling has the knowledge and experience to troubleshoot any commercial HVAC issue. If we can’t fix the problem, we may recommend a new heat pump for your business. AAA Heating & Cooling will help you find a heat pump that fits the unique needs of your commercial space.
The commercial heat pumps we offer from Daikin include:
- VRV IV Heat Pumps can power up to 34 tons of capacity from one piping network
- SkyAir Inverter Heat Pumps offer climate-control for a fraction of the energy cost of conventional air conditioning
- W-Series VRV Heat Pumps can heat and cool simultaneously to suit different commercial zone requirements
- DZ11S Three-Phase Heat Pumps with commercial elevated base pans offer superior water drainage and efficient heating and cooling
- DZ13SC and DZ14SC Three-Phase Heat Pumps with quiet operating levels lower than most heat pumps in the HVAC industry
Commercial Heat Pump Tips
At AAA Heating & Cooling, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with the best products, service, and information. With the right tools and knowledge, you can keep your commercial HVAC system running smoothly while preventing hazards and saving money along the way. Discover our best commercial HVAC tips below!
- Schedule routine maintenance, even if your unit is running properly.
- Check and replace air filters on a regular basis.
- Set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature and schedule it to turn off when the space is not being occupied.
- Make sure air vents are not obstructed by furniture or curtains.
- Regularly check for outdoor ice buildup during the winter months and remove accumulation as needed.
- Install a heat pump 6 to 8 inches above the ground to ensure proper drainage.
- Trim back shrubbery surrounding the outdoor heat pump.
- Regularly clean dust, dirt, and debris from your outdoor heat pump.
In addition to expert HVAC installation, maintenance, and repairs, we also offer 24-hour emergency service for Portland and Vancouver businesses. To learn more about troubleshooting a commercial heat pump system or to schedule a service appointment, contact a member of the AAA Heating & Cooling team today!