Commercial Air Quality
Indoor air quality (IAQ) relates to the quality of air in a building and how it affects the health and comfort of the occupants in it. Factors such as gases, microbial contaminants and particulates affect commercial indoor air quality. Various government agencies have issued standards regarding creating and maintaining healthy IAQ levels to promote a safe, healthy and comfortable environment. Failure to comply with standards set by state and federal agencies could result not just in fines, but also productivity losses and health problems.
Commercial Air Quality Services
AAA Heating and Cooling helps make sure the air quality remains healthy and compliant in your Portland-area building with services such as:
- Air quality evaluations: A specialist measures air quality levels and makes recommendations. Evaluations often include building walkthroughs, air handler and air distribution system inspections, and spot measurements.
- Installation services: Our IAQ experts support your needs with efficient clean-air technology solutions. Because we’re committed to your building’s health, we also offer monitoring solutions that help ensure compliance.
- Custom solutions: Your business is unique. Your needs might be too. Our experienced engineers gladly offer custom solutions for even the toughest IAQ challenges.
The Importance of Air Quality Maintenance and Repair
After installing commercial indoor air quality solutions, it’s important to maintain the equipment regularly and keep it in good repair. Benefits of equipment upkeep include:
- Maintain a healthy indoor IAQ
- Promote worker health and productivity
- Reduced repair costs by finding and fixing small problems before they turn into expensive repairs
- Maintain the warranty on newer equipment
- Reduce unnecessary wear and tear on equipment and promote its longevity
- Maintain the efficiency of the systems and save on energy
- Reduce odors related poor IAQ
If your building has IAQ problems, you might notice its occupants feel ill with flu- or allergy-like symptoms while inside. The symptoms then go away shortly after leaving the building. If this occurs, call a Portland air quality specialist at AAA Heating and Cooling to evaluate the air quality and find the source of the problem.
Commercial Indoor Air Quality Components
- Humidity control equipment: Humidifiers help reduce the spread of germs, make arid conditions feel more comfortable, and protect equipment and office supplies from becoming brittle. Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air and help prevent the growth of mold.
- Air filters: High-efficiency air filters improve IAQ by trapping airborne particulates that are as small as 1.0 microns.
- Ventilation equipment: Ventilation systems replace indoor air with fresh outdoor air, which helps control the exposure to contaminants—including gases—that are airborne. They also assist with maintaining temperatures and relative humidity levels. Commercial systems may be designed to move a certain amount of air at a specific speed.
- Monitoring equipment: Air monitoring instruments gauge temperatures, humidity levels, airborne particles, carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide levels, and outdoor air calculations. They help ensure occupant comfort and a healthy IAQ.
Maintaining Commercial IAQ with AAA Heating and Cooling
Enclosed buildings have the potential to have higher levels of pollution than the air outside. You can prevent this from happening in your production environment with the commercial air quality solutions from AAA Heating and Cooling. Talk to a specialist today about how we can promote a healthy environment in your commercial building.